Wednesday, July 21, 2004


 
 
Heaven's Grocery Store
Written by: Ron DeMarco & Friend
 
 
 
 
I was walking down life's highwaya long time ago.
One day I saw a sign that read Heaven's Grocery Store.
 
As I got a little closer,the door came open wide,
And when I came to myself, I was standing inside.
 
I saw a host of angels; they were standing everywhere.
And one angel said," My child shop with care."
 
Everything a Christian needs was in the grocery store.
And all you couldn't carry you could come back the next day for more.
 
First I got some patience,love was in the same row.
Further down was understanding, you need that everywhere you go.
 
I got a box or two of wisdom, a bag or two of faith.
I just couldn't miss the Holy Ghost for He was all over the place.
 
I stopped to get some strength & courageto help me run the race.
But then my basket was getting full, but I remembered I needed some grace.
 
I didn't forget salvation for salvationwas free.
So, I tried to get enough of that to save you and me.
 
Then I started to the counter to pay my grocery bill.
For I thought I had everything to do my Masters will.

As I went up the aisle, I saw prayer andjust had to put that in.
For I knew when I stepped outside, I would run right into sin.

Peace and joy were plentiful, they were on the last shelf.
Song and praises were hanging nearso I just helped myself.

I asked, How much do I owe?He just smiled and said,
just take them everywhere you go.

Then I said, How much do I really owe?
He smiled and said, My child, Jesus paid your bill a long time ago. 
 
 

No comments: