Saturday, December 19, 2009

I am MADD



I would be the first person to admit that I know nothing about cars. Talk to me about the specs of different cars like Honda Civic specs or Chevrolet Traverse specs I could space out on the stop or worse case is that it could put me to sleep.  Even if you show me some Toyota Corolla photos I still wouldn’t feel excited.
One thing I’m particular about is Car Safety. I couldn’t stress the importance or seat belts and car seats. If it’s available here I really want to be an active member of  Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD)It’s a  non-profit organization that seeks to stop drunk driving, they also give support to the family that is  affected by drunk driving, they also want to prevent underage drinking  and overall push for tighter laws against alcohol.
Some of their advocacy involves educating people about the dangers of drunk driving.  They want a strict policy in a variety of areas which includes higher sanctions for Driving Under the Influence offenders which includes mandatory jail sentences, rehabilitation for alcohol and chemical abuse issues.  They also help the victims of drunk driving (this includes family members and other loved ones of both innocent victims and guilty impaired drivers) One of the policies that they are pushing for is to  maintain the minimum legal drinking age at 21 years

No comments: