Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Thoughts on Migrating

I have been reading all about migration this past few days with great interest. We decided to start preparing the papers that we need when we finally apply for our Canadian Visa.The list that I have is very long. Despite all of the things I have read & heard about how hard it is and how difficult it can get. I’m willing to do whatever it takes to accomplish that goal.


I also know stories of people who have been successful in Canada; however, I think the adjustments and the hardships that we will face once we get there are certainly true. I’m also aware that that there will be discrimination. (pero sa lahat ng lugar meron nyan)


Despite all of this, I still have a strong desire to migrate. I'm thankful that friends and family despite the encouragement never fail to tell me that there is another side of Canada, which is rarely known. In that way, I can be prepared for the worst.


What really gave me the courage to give it a go is the fact that we have a Special Child. I have heard great things about their programs with regards to Autism. I know that if that can help him maximize his full potential. Then that’s where we will go.



5 comments:

DigiscrapMom said...

Good luck in all of your plans. We'll be including you in our prayers.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Lei :-) Keep me posted on this. They do have good programs here with special kids. In the U.S. kasi may bayad. Lahat dun may bayad. Canada has a better health care system compared to the U.S.

'been busy out here for the last few days. i'll keep in touch again when everything slows down.

Anonymous said...

Good for you Lei :-) Keep me posted on this. They do have good programs here with special kids. In the U.S. kasi may bayad. Lahat dun may bayad. Canada has a better health care system compared to the U.S.

'been busy out here for the last few days. i'll keep in touch again when everything slows down.

Jerl
http://mommysays.org

Misis14 said...

Good luck, Leirs. Migration is a leap of faith. It looks daunting at first but you can do it. Just believe.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Leirs, I don't have an account, so I'm posting 'anonymously'. It's Ninang Shag. I'm thrilled that you're starting the paperwork for Canada. I can only think it will mean good things for you, both financially and, more importantly, for your development as an independent person. I definitely think it will make you a more responsible thinking adult.

You are correct that Canada has good programs for autistic children. My nephew is a good example of that. He went to Canada when he was a few years old and is now 16 and a contributing person to society. He has been mainstreamed into the public school system and is doing well. He is a little bit 'off' compared to other kids which you can tell when speaking to him, but the fact is he responds to people and is able to hold conversations.

Keep me posted. I hope things work out.

love you lots, Ninang Shag