Friday, August 13, 2004

Proud Mom
Im such a proud mom.. Joshwa learned a lot of new things this past few weeks. He can now do his OWN action of Twinkle,Twinkle, Skinny Marie & Itsie Bitsie Spider.Syempre pa kailangan may kumanta pa for him.Ako yun.. I knew my voice will be useful for something . (hahahah).
He can now do other tricks like wave bye, flying kiss, hug, kiss & bless. Some of you might be thinking why should I be so proud of something that seemed normal to other kids. That's because my son may not be normal but he is certainly special. He's Autistic.
It took us 2 years to get to where we are right now. This was a journey that I never thought I would take but still the journey isn't over. I know that the road is tough and I'll be there for him every step of the way.
Someone once asked me how I could handle the fact that he is special and that he may never be like other kids. I just gave them a straight answer. I'm his Mom there is nothing that I wouldn't do for him.

3 comments:

Josephine said...

Hi Leirs. I am so proud of you and of the accomplishments Joshwa has made lately. It takes a really good heart (and a lot of patience) and all of your hardwork pays off in the end. He is a very lucky boy, well-loved by you. I have a cousin who is autistic and he is the sweetest boy I know. I have no doubt that with your love, Josh will be the same. Hang in there, girl. I'm so proud of you.

marikit said...

You have every reason to be proud. I'm sure your little angel is well on his way to learn new and bigger things. *Hugs* to baby Joshwa! God bless!

Jeanny said...

"I'm his Mom there is nothing that I wouldn't do for him"

-Such a touching word from a loving mom. Congratulation for being the mom that Joshua needed. Two thumbs up for you leirs.