Friday, January 09, 2009

Baler

Yes third time is definitely a charm. After watching 2 MMFF movies
I decided that Baler would make or break my patronage
of Philippine movies.

I won't go into the technical details since I don't really
write movie reviews too lazy to go into Who,what,when,where,why's
of the movie. I love the movie! If it's one movie
that is worth anyone's time and money this is really the
movie to watch. Initially, I was in shocked that they
would cast someone like Anne because she looks mestiza
and Jericho doesn't look like he is Mestizo. But It really
worked. I loved Philip Salvador's acting full of anger and
pain and struggling with his past. Rio Locsin is also great
in her role as a mom struggling to balance her husband
and with understanding and supporting her kids.

I really love this movie. The ending I didn't like but it was
a good twist. I was really about to lose it and sniffing
and trying to hold it together during the whole time because
sort of felt her pain the anguish of not being able to see your
loved one. So near and yet so far.

Then there was this scene where Anne said Mahirap,Mahirap na Mahirap
then Jericho says Kayanin mo para kayanin mo. That scene did it for
me right there. I was holding back the sobs..then by the time
the ending was there I was this crazy crying woman. That rarely
even happens for me to be moved by a movie.

No comments: