Monday, July 21, 2008

My Eulogy

Saka na ako mag kuento about the burial. Kasi emotionally di ko

pa kaya. Post ko na lang ang eulogy ko. I never got to read it

because di ko kaya. I know I have to be strong but during that

time I just couldn't do it. Di ko talaga kaya. I know kailangan

ko na simulan mag move on pero siguro it would take time.

Ate Beth was more than just my sister in law to me. I loved her more than a sister. I'd like to think that I didn't have an older sister because she was the best older sister any one could ever have. She is my sister, my best friend, my cheerleader and a warrior all rolled into one.

When we first met we hit of right away. We had so many things in common. She was a great listener and I was the biggest talker anyone would ever meet which made us a perfect combination.

When she left for Japan I cried my eyes out and I really felt so bad because I knew just how much I would miss her. I keep telling myself she's not dead she's just in another country. She had a handsome little boy who really looks so much like Philbert. She always called him her gorgeous son. She gave up her teaching career to stay at home to raise him and really mold him into the best he could be.

Though we didn't really keep in touch while she was in Japan we more than made up for the lost time when I saw her again when moved to the United States. It was as if we never lost touch. I would call her everyday and visit their home every other weekend.

Whenever I had trouble dealing with any turbulence in my life especially when it comes to my married life. I could always count on her to be there for me to listen to me. I will miss the way she could always put things into perspective for me. If there was something really disturbing me, she would say, maybe he meant it in a different way or maybe you misunderstood what he wanted to say.

She was as calm as the deepest ocean and kindness was her second nature. She worshipped the Lord with her heart and soul ,honesty, honor, loyalty and integrity and served with fervent joy.

People talk about these values. But she lived them. She embraced them. Though she never got any awards and accolades in her lifetime. She got the best award that anyone could ever hope for. People loved she was highly respected her and they were really happy to have had the pleasure of having met and known someone like her.

She will forever be part of my heart and soul, I know she was prepared for this . I wasn't and they are times when I want to question God and ask him why her? Why all of them all at the same time. But I can't because I know that God has a purpose. I may not understand it but I have to learn how to accept what I can't change.


I thank you Ate Beth that I became part of your life's journey.I will always be proud of you and will forever be honored to be not not just your sister in law but your sister.

Let me leave you with poem that really touched my heart.

When tomorow starts without me
and i am not here to see ...
And if the sun should rise and find your eyes filled with tears for me,
I wish so much you wouldn't cry the way you did today,

While thinking of the many things we didn't get to say.
I know how much you love me,
as much as i love you ...
And each time you think of me
I know you'll miss me, too. But when tomorrow starts without me,
please try to understand ...
That Jesus came and called my name
and took me by my hand
And said my place was ready
in heaven far above ...
And that i'd have to leave behind all those i dearly love.

So when tomorrow starts without me,
don't think we're far apart
for everytime you think of me,
I'm right here in your heart.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your eulogy was super touching. i'm sure ate beth appreciates it wherever she is right now. *hugs*

Lee i. said...

hi leirs, i'm sure even if you weren't able to read your eulogy, everyone appreciates how you feel. i pray you and your family find closure and peace. Sana mabigyan ng justice ang buhay nila. Ingat.