I' m sure that you know who Cynthia Villar is and she is No.32 in the ballot. Here are some random things about her that is not always written about.
2. Her stand on the RH Bill. I'm pro-life. She doesn't think a big population is a liability. She thinks it's the management of the population because we've seen countries with big populations like China and India that have made it as world powers.
3. She is not in favor of passing a divorce law. She wants to propose amendments to our Family Code to make it more adaptable to the problems of ordinary Filipino families
5. She earned her degree in Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of the Philippines, which recently recognized her as one of its Distinguished Alumni.
6. She completed her Masters in Business Administration at the New York University.
7. She is not in favor of same sex marriages as it will destroy the institution of marriage, which under our constitution, is between a man and woman.
9. Amidst all her achievements and awards, she still considers her family her most cherished treasures and her three well-raised children as her glory. Paolo and Mark are graduates of the Wharton School of Finance University of Pennsylvania. Her only daughter, Camille, is a Business Management graduate at the Ateneo de Manila University. Paolo now is the Chief Executive Officer of their publicly–listed housing company Vista Land. Camille is the President and Chief Operating Officer of Vista Land’s upscale housing subsidiary Brittany Corporation.
11.She is not in favor of the revival of the death penalty in the Philippines as it is just too risky to do so given that we are still facing challenges to reform our perceived weak justice system.
12. Cynthia Villar won in a landslide victory as Representative of Las Piñas to the Philippine’s House of Representatives, where she completed three terms or nine years of service until 2010.
13. She also served as chairperson of the Congressional Spouses Foundation from 1998 to 2000. During her term, she built 11 regional centers for women who are victims of abuse.
14. Cynthia Villar’s social and civic concerns are wide and varied. Thus, in 1992, she founded and chaired the Villar Foundation, where she is now actively involved as Managing Director.
15. Her facebook fan page is https://www.facebook.com/Mrs.Cynthia.Villar
16. Her Twitter page is: https://twitter.com/Cynthia_Villar
17. Her website is http://www.cynthiavillar.com.ph/
18. The White Vote Movement Supports Cynthia Villar
19. Her main platform is to continue encouraging the nation to embrace entrepreneurship as aup
20. She has a commitment to social growth and business and wants to promote entrepreneurship
21. She has recently received Honoris Causa in Doctor in Humanities at Bataan Peninsula State University
22. She has provided livelihood to 500+ families in Las Piñas &100+ communities nationwide
23. She is into corporate activities and social advocacies.
24. TO ADDRESS concerns and other issues affecting migrant workers, former Las Pinas representative Cynthia Villar,, has vowed to pursue the creation of the department of overseas Filipino workers. As OFW Assistance is one of her projects for the Villar Foundation.
25. River Rehabilitation Programs & Social Enterprises in Las Piñas City is her main project and plans to help replicate it in other cities.
27. Entrepreneurship and livelihood - initiating skills programs that turn water lilies into functional and decorative items
28. As chairperson of Congressional Spouses Foundation in 1998-2000, she spearheaded the building of 11 regional centers for women victims of abuse
30. Sponsored and led the passage of R.A. No. 9442, An Act Amending R.A. No. 7277, Otherwise Known as The “Magna Carta for Disabled Persons, and for Other Purposes”
31. Sponsored and led the passage of R.A. No. 9177, An Act Declaring the First Day of Shawwal, the Tenth Month of the Islamic Calendar, National Holiday for the Observance of Eidul Fitr and the Tenth Day of Zhuld Hijja. The Twelfth Month of the Islamic Calendar, a Regional Holiday in the Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) for the Observance of Eidul Adha, Amending for the Purpose Section 26, Chapter 7 of Executive No. 292, Otherwise known as the Administrative Code of 1987, and for Other Purposes.
32. UP Los Baños honors Cynthia Villar on 29 July 2011, her birthday, with her very own unique breed of flower that bears her name, the ‘Hibiscus rosa-sinensis Cynthia A. Villar,’ for her invaluable contributions to public service in her various capacities as legislator, entrepreneur, citizen, leader, and environmental advocate